The specific goals of the State Transforming Agencies Resources (STAR) project are to deploy a secure and reliable ERP system that:
- Provides operational efficiencies through standardized work processes and the ability to utilize analytics
- Identifies and resolves work processes, materials and systems for alternatives to using personally identifying information (example: social security number for travel expenses)
- Reduces or eliminates paper
- Empowers our workforce by streamlining approval processes and pushes decision making to the appropriate level
- Improves transparency
- Reduces long-term business costs
There will be three phases to the STAR Project:
- Plan and Procure: the planning and procurement process was successfully completed using State staff resources. A solicitation for a Systems Integrator was issued in June 2013, with a project start date in the fall of 2013.
- Procurement and Finance Systems: Successfully went live in October 2015. Currently in a six month vendor-led post-implementation support effort.
- Human Resources and Payroll Finance Systems: Successfully went live in January 2016. Currently in a six-month vendor-led post-implementation support effort.